Our mission is to keep people hosting and interested in hosting and we need help!
Our success up to now has been entirely due to volunteer effort and that spirit guides us as we scale up our work. Our impact relies on Volunteers. Thank you for your interest.
Volunteer role description - Host Callers (English speaking)
The Volunteer Host Caller will ensure we activate, retain and extend as many host pledges as possible, keeping pledgers warm and positively disposed towards hosting, whether or not a match is found. Checking in with hosts before and after their pledge is activated, sharing resources and keeping in touch, being a friendly voice at the end of the phone for hosts and pledgers.
Training and resources will be provided.
If you have the time, skills, experience and desire to play your part, we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
Under the direction of the Volunteer Manager and in collaboration with the wider, growing team, as a Volunteer Host Caller you will:
• Make phone calls to people who have pledged accommodation who have not yet been matched
• Keep pledgers up to date, assessing ongoing interest and availability
• Carry out check-in calls to hosts throughout the duration of their pledge arrangement
• Share and signpost host resources and supports
• Take detailed notes on each call, recording data for analytical purposes and case file management • Ensure confidentiality in relation to all aspects of the HIH service, in keeping with GDPR regulations regarding personal data • Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, registers, files, case notes, correspondence etc. • Share and celebrate good stories with the HIH team!
You will have: • Excellent communication and proven listening skills • Good intuition and people skills • Ability to respect confidentiality of service users at all times
• Attention to detail, organised, reliable and methodical in all aspects of the role • Competent IT skills, Excel, including e-mail, MS Office • Commitment to the idea of hosting and the mission of HIH and a desire to make an impact in a humanitarian crisis
• Comfortable working in situations of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity
• Experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds
Contract Type & Commitment
● Work from home (and in HIH HQ, Dublin 2 if you like!)
We estimate a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week (1 half day) is required to carry out the role, for rostering and quality control purposes
How to Apply?
Please contact Kieran Walsh at email@example.com